Friday, October 22, 2010

Cubeworks

I had not planned to publish another post about my recent visit to Toronto until I found a post card I had picked up from a gallery called Cubeworks. 

"Cubeworks is the result of a collaboration of Graphic Architects and 'Cubers' creating a form of art that is retro, yet avant-garde, by re-contextualizing the aesthectic possibilities of the 1980's toy craze, the Rubik's Cube."

"In the same way that pixels on a computer screen are coloured and organized to form images, Cube Works uses the Cube as a unique, technically complex medium for creating art."

What I found to be the most interesting is that the pieces are far clearer and less pixelated when viewed in a photograph or through the lens of a camera. 

You can see more of Cubeworks at www.facebook.com/cubeworksart






                                  
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...